Transfer account ownership to an existing user without Administrator permissions
How do I transfer ownership of a Stripe account to a team member who doesn’t have Administrator permissions?
In order to transfer ownership of a Stripe account to another user on the account, they must first have Administrator permissions. To grant Administrator permissions and transfer ownership:
- Log in as the current owner and visit the Team section under Business Settings
- Click “Edit” next to the user you wish to make the owner
- Set their role to “Administrator” and click “Update”
- Click the “Edit” button next to the user you wish to make the owner a second time
- From the popup, select the option to “Transfer ownership to this user.