Transfer account ownership to an existing user without Administrator permissions
How do I transfer ownership of a Stripe account to a team member who doesn’t have Administrator permissions?
In order to transfer ownership of a Stripe account to another user on the account, they must first have Administrator permissions. To grant Administrator permissions and transfer ownership:
- Log in as the current owner and visit the Team settings under Business Settings.
- Click Edit next to the user you wish to make the owner.
- Set their role to “Administrator” and click Update.
- Click the Edit button next to the user you wish to make the owner again.
- From the popup, select the option to Transfer ownership to this user and save.