Refund a customer
How can I give my customer a refund in Stripe?
You can refund non-disputed payments to your customers using the Stripe API or directly from the Dashboard.
- Find the charge to be refunded in the Payments overview page.
- Click the ••• icon to the right of the charge and select Refund charge.
- Enter the amount to be refunded. The default is a full refund. For a partial refund, enter a different amount to be refunded.
- Select a reason for the refund. If you select Other, you must provide an explanatory note that is attached to the refund.
- Click Refund.
- Create a create_refund call in the API.
- In the API call, include the charge ID to refund.
- To refund an amount different than the full charge amount, include the amount parameter and enter the amount to refund. If no amount is entered, the default action will be a refund of the full charge amount.
- Run the API call.