Transfer a Stripe account to a different entity due to a business sale or acquisition
I sold my business and I need to transfer ownership of my Stripe account to an entirely different entity. How should I start this process?
If you are the existing owner of a Stripe account and you want to transfer ownership of your account to someone else, such as in the case of selling your business or having been acquired, you will first need to reach out to Stripe Support to confirm which, if not all, of the following information will be changing:
- Company representative or owner information
(Note: don’t send details for the new owner to Stripe over email; Stripe will enable editing in your Stripe account directly for this information)
- The URL from which the business is operating
From there, you can change the following information from your Account settings:
- Bank account information for payouts
- The descriptor and phone numberthat will show up on credit card statements
- The business information that shows up on receipts sent to your customers
- The email address listed as the owner of the Stripe account
- The legal business name and tax ID
If your company has been acquired by a legal entity in a different country, the process is different. See Company acquired by a legal entity in a different country for more information.