Signing up for a US Stripe account without a tax ID or employer ID number

You must enter a verifiable tax ID number (Employer Identification Number or Social Security Number) in order to use Stripe.

If you do not have an Employer Identification Number (EIN) and are an individual (not an LLC, Sole Proprietor, etc.) you can generally use your Social Security Number in place of the EIN.

Additional Information

  • If you are unsure what number to enter, consult a tax professional.

  • If you have recently applied for a tax ID number in the US but Stripe was unable to match the TIN against government records, see: New Tax ID Number for US business not verifying.

  • If you are concerned about Stripe’s usage and security of this information, see our Privacy Policy.