Troubleshooting ID upload verification problems
I’m getting an error message when trying to upload an ID or the upload is failing. How can I fix this? What are the requirements for the ID upload?
There are a few reasons that an ID upload might fail or return an error message.
The image being uploaded must meet the following requirements:
- Image must be of a government-issued photo ID, such as a drivers license or passport
- ID uploaded must belong to the individual whose information is being verified
- ID must not be redacted, altered, or damaged
- Image must be clear, with all edges included
- Image must be in color
- Image must be under 5MB in size
- Image must be under 8000px in dimension in any direction
- Image must be in .png or .jpg format
If the image meets all the above guidelines and you are still having trouble, it might be the web browser. Try clearing your browser’s cache, and/or trying the upload with a different web browser.
If you still have trouble uploading your ID after confirming the image meets the requirements above and that your web browser isn’t the problem, contact Stripe Support.