My 1099 tax form is incorrect. How do I make changes?

You can edit your name, TIN, and address in Stripe Express but you’ll need to reach out to your platform directly for changes to volume.

Since your platform is your 1099 tax form filer, they will be able to assist with issuing you a correction, updating volume, or splitting your 1099 tax form if necessary.

You can edit your name, address, and TIN on the Tax Form page in Stripe Express. Note that any information you edit will not appear in a 1099 tax form that has already been filed with the IRS. We’ll share the information with the platform, and they can then use it to make the requested corrections and file the new 1099 tax form with the relevant tax authorities. Once the platform files your correction, you will be notified via email and you will see a new 1099 tax form appear in the Tax Form page of Stripe Express.

Changes or questions around updating volume or splits must be solely handled by your platform. Before you reach out to your platform to request a 1099 tax form split between two or more legal entities, be sure to have the following information handy:

1099 tax form splits require precise matching of tax details, so if you are uncertain, please reach out to the IRS to confirm them by requesting a letter 147C. The best way to request a letter 147C is to contact the IRS by phone at 1 (800) 829-4933. The IRS will fax a copy of what is on file for your business.

Please note that split 1099 tax forms will not be visible in the Stripe Express Tax Form dashboard. If you were previously e-delivered a 1099 tax form via Stripe Express but requested it be split by your platform, it will no longer be shown in the Stripe Express dashboard after the split. Your platform will need to deliver the newly split forms to the appropriate parties.

Note that only the current owner of the Stripe Express account is able to view the tax forms in Stripe Express. It can take 48–72 hours after the platform files a correction for you to be notified.

This article is neither legal advice nor tax advice. We recommend that you speak to your tax advisor with any questions or concerns around tax reporting.