Transfer account ownership to an individual who doesn't yet have access to the account
How do I grant ownership to an individual who isn’t already a user or team member on the Stripe account?
To transfer ownership of a Stripe account to someone who isn’t already a team member or user on the account, they must first be invited to be a user on the account and accept the invite.
- Log in as the current owner, and go to the Team settings under Business Settings.
- Click New User.
- Add their email address, set their role to “Administrator,” and save to send them an invitation to join the account.
- Once they have accepted the invite, go back to the Team settings.
- Click the Edit button next to their name.
- From the popup, select the option to Transfer ownership to this user and save.