Transfer account ownership to an individual who doesn't yet have access to the account
How do I grant ownership to an individual who isn’t currently a user or team member on the Stripe account?
To transfer ownership of a Stripe account to someone who isn’t yet a team member or user on the account, they must first be invited to be a user on the account and accept the invite.
- Log in as the current owner, and go to the Team section under Business Settings
- Click “New User”
- Add their email address and set their role to “Administrator”
- Once they’ve accepted the invite, go back to the Team section under Business Settings
- Click the “Edit” button next to their name you wish to make the owner
- From the popup, select the option to “Transfer ownership to this user”