Can't verify Tax ID Number (TIN)
My tax ID says it’s unverified; how can I verify my tax ID in Stripe?
If you are a US-based business having trouble verifying your tax identification number (TIN) in Stripe, it means that the information entered doesn’t match IRS records. When you submit your TIN and business name, Stripe checks it against the IRS’s database. If we do not receive a confirmation from the IRS that the legal name matches the TIN, we display an error message in your Dashboard requesting your corrected tax ID information
- Tax ID verification guidelines by business type: A list of what information is most commonly needed to verify against IRS records, broken out by business entity type.
- Using IRS documentation as reference when entering business name and Tax ID Number (TIN) for US-based businesses: How to enter information into Stripe, using IRS documentation as a reference.
- Tax ID Number (TIN) format is different than Stripe’s suggested TIN format in the Dashboard: What to do if your TIN looks different than the example Stripe is showing in the Dashboard.
- Signing up for a US Stripe account without a tax ID number or employer ID number: Options for signing up for a Stripe account without a government-issued Tax ID or Employer ID number.
- Signing up for Stripe as a US-based non-profit: What to enter if you are a non-profit organization signing up for a Stripe account.
- New Tax ID Number for US business not verifying: What to do if you have a brand new tax ID number issued by the IRS that is not yet reflecting in their records.
Contact Stripe Support if you have additional questions or trouble with verification.