Information required to have on merchant website
What information must I have on my website to comply with Stripe’s and card networks’ Terms of Service?
By the time you begin processing payments, your site should include, at a minimum, the following details:
- Complete description of the goods or services offered
- Transaction currency
- Customer service contact details (phone, email, address)
- Return/refund and shipping policies (if shipping physical goods)
- Legal or export restrictions (if applicable)
- Terms and conditions of any promotions
- Security capabilities and policy for transmission of payment card details
These items are required by Stripe’s terms of service, as well as those of card networks such as Visa and Mastercard.