Dispute an ACH Charge


I want to dispute an ACH payment I see on my bank statement. What do I do?


A customer can open a dispute for an ACH payment for only three reasons:

  • The transaction was never authorized or the authorization was revoked.

  • The transaction was processed on a date earlier than authorized (any date after is acceptable).

  • The transaction is for an amount different than was authorized.

In order to dispute a charge, the customer must inform their bank in writing within 60 days of the original payment.